Shop Small Gift Guide
The holiday season is a great time to start shopping from small, local, and women-owned businesses. When you shop small, you are directly supporting an individual and their family. This is me, Bergen. This is my family. Lilla Barn is my business and my passion. When you buy Lilla Barn, this is who you are supporting. Thank you!
And here are a handful of my other favorite small businesses. All are women-owned. Many are local to Chicago. All have an online presence. It's safe to say I've purchased from almost everyone on this list.
- Lilla Barn (duh). Click HERE to shop our collections.
- Earth Cadets. Organic and recycled home goods and apparel for all. Their baby and kid shirts go perfectly with Lilla Barn pants.
- Hello Shiso is a small design studio based in California making accessories for boys and girls and sometimes their parents. We love their cute and quirky hair clips and other bits and bobs.
- Babies4Babies. Made in the USA blankets with a purpose. A blanket for everything from bassinet to beach. We have three of them.
- Rebel Girls Co. Buy these books for everyone.
- Greyboy. A gender-neutral brand inspired by city living featuring apparel and DIY kits.
- Hearth & Hammer is a literary candle studio dedicated to illuminating literature through aromatic storytelling.
- Nikki Darling Confections. The new nostalgia in candy. My favorite are the marshmallows. Jo loves them because they aren't sticky in her hands.
- Tramake. Design driven. Object Oriented. Modern decor.
- Monka. Ornaments, magnets, and more. Cool and edgy.
- Laura Berger. Fine arts and prints.
- Molly Costello Art & Design. Cards, prints, ceramics, and more exploring concepts of connectedness, community, and the divine.
- Felt Like Sharing. Bright and fun felt letter boards.
- A Green World. Paper goods, prints, and textiles. Block-printed by hands. Bright colors with a folky feel.
- Glass Sky Jewelry. Simple yet symbolic jewelry.
- Directive. Leather goods focusing on clean lines, solid construction, and hard-wearing materials. Handmade in Wisconsin.
- Soap Distillery. Fancy soaps (and more) that smell like delicious cocktails, but better. Small batches. No hangovers.
- Need gifts for a breastfeeding mama? Shop Milk Supply.
- Indigo & Snow. Hand-painted and dyed wearables.
- Amelia Street Studio. Handmade feminystical goodies.
Here are some great businesses you can buy gift cards from:
- Indigo & Violet Studio. A Chicago-based venue for craft workshops, parties, and events.
- Wishcraft Workshop. Offering sewing and crafting workshops for kids and families in Chicago.
- Lena Rose Beauty. Chicago's first completely green beauty salon. Treat yo self. Treat yo friends.
- Memoir for Me. Creating memory books crafted from personal interviews to preserve the stories that matter.
And I know there are many many more that haven't been included in this list. Shoot me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your favorites.