Happy International Women's Day!
It's always a good time to start shopping from women-owned businesses! Show your support year round. Here are a handful of my favorites:
- Lilla Barn (duh). Click HERE to shop our collections.
- Earth Cadets. Organic and recycled home goods and apparel for all. Their baby and kid shirts go perfectly with Lilla Barn pants.
- Kido Chicago. A new Chicago shop that focuses on inclusivity.
- January Moon. Contemporary, high performance jewelry and teething accessories.
- Ponnopozz. Bright and fearless original art.
- Three Letter Birds. Whimsical, bright, inspiring paper goods. Her Leslie Knope cards are my absolute favorite.
- Jamie Tubbs Studio. Jamie is a textile and fiber artist focusing on exploration and unconventional methods.
- Nikki Darling Confections. The new nostalgia in candy. My favorite are the marshmallows. Jo loves them because they aren't sticky in her hands.
- Wulfka. Elevated casual women's clothing with clean silhouettes and luxurious fabrics. Handmade in Chicago
- Soap Distillery. Fancy soaps (and more) that smell like delicious cocktails, but better. Try the Beer & Cigarettes soap. Trust me.
- Lalo Workshop. Handmade, one-of-a-kind garments that will make a statement.
Looking for service-based businesses?
- Indigo & Violet Studio. A Chicago-based venue for craft workshops, parties, and events.
- Shalimar B Photography. Portraits and family films. Authentic images that will last a lifetime. Based in Andersonville, Chicago.
- Chicago Super Sitters. Local babysitting service with a family matchmaking process.
Need more ideas? Check out my small business shopping guide (this is mostly women-owned) here.